RSA Insurance Group Plc was purchased by Tryg A/S and Intact Financial Corporation on 1st June 2021
Some of the content on this site reflects the previous FTSE-listed company, and these pages will be updated to reflect the takeover in in due course.
For information relating to the takeover click here or close this window to find information about the constituent parts of the former RSA Insurance Group Plc now under new ownership.
For information on Intact Financial Corporation, visit their website here.
For information on Tryg A/S, visit their website here.
If you are a customer or broker of RSA or one of our brands, our contact details remain unchanged and our customer websites are operating as usual.
How RSA’s businesses are now owned
RSA was comprised of three divisions; Canada, Scandinavia, and UK & International (the UK, Luxembourg, Ireland and Middle Eastern businesses). These are now owned in this way:
- Tryg A/S has taken ownership of RSA’s former Swedish and Norwegian business, Trygg-Hansa and Codan Norway.
- Intact Financial Corporation owns RSA’s Canadian and UK & International businesses.
- RSA’s Codan business in Denmark, is jointly owned by the two parties on a 50/50 economic basis.
Timeline of the offer to buy RSA
- November 2020: RSA Insurance Group Plc Board confirms receipt of an offer to buy the business from Intact and Tryg, and confirms intention to recommend the offer to shareholders.
- January 2021: RSA shareholders vote to approve the takeover.
- January – May 2021: All parties continue due diligence and approval processes required to reach conclusion of the deal.
- June 1st 2021: Intact and Tryg formally take ownership of RSA.