How RSA’s businesses are now owned
RSA was comprised of three divisions; Canada, Scandinavia, and UK & International (the UK, Luxembourg, Ireland and Middle Eastern businesses). These are now owned in this way:
- Tryg A/S has taken ownership of RSA’s former Swedish and Norwegian business, Trygg-Hansa and Codan Norway.
- Intact Financial Corporation owns RSA’s Canadian and UK & International businesses.
- RSA’s Codan business in Denmark, is jointly owned by the two parties on a 50/50 economic basis.
Timeline of the offer to buy RSA
- November 2020: RSA Insurance Group Plc Board confirms receipt of an offer to buy the business from Intact and Tryg, and confirms intention to recommend the offer to shareholders.
- January 2021: RSA shareholders vote to approve the takeover.
- January – May 2021: All parties continue due diligence and approval processes required to reach conclusion of the deal.
- June 1st 2021: Intact and Tryg formally take ownership of RSA.