World’s first passport photo booth designed especially for dogs, opens in London
- Created by MORE TH>N, the ‘Paws-Port Photo Booth’ arrives in the wake of new research revealing the growing trend of owners opting to take their pet on holiday, with one in 10 (9%) admitting they have holidayed with their pooch in the past year
- Every element of the custom-built photo booth caters to man’s best friend – including adjustable basket-topped stool for dogs to perch on and canine-friendly sounds being played within the space to aid relaxation
- The booth also has an adjoining grooming area with professional stylists and groomers on hand to ensure dogs look their very best before they have their photo taken
- The free photo booth experience opens up to the public in London dog-walking hotspot Victoria Park from Thursday 22nd June
We are a nation obsessed with our pets and in 2017 we are seeing more owners than ever planning and booking holidays with their pooches in mind. With the number of pet passports in the UK having doubled in the past two years1, it seems about time that we give our pets the chance to look their very best in their passport photos.
With this in mind, pet insurer MORE TH>N is launching the world’s first pet passport photo booth, where every element of the custom-design is catered to man’s best friend.
Located in one of London’s most scenic dog-walking hotspots, Victoria Park, the aptly named ‘Paws-Port Photo Booth’ will enable owners to get the best possible picture of their beloved pet for its travel documents this summer. It also sets out to raise awareness that pets, just like us, must have a passport prior to travelling abroad2.
Upon arrival at the booth, owner and dog will first be directed to an adjoining grooming station, where pet stylists will be on hand to prep four-legged guests to ensure they’re looking their best in front of the camera – with minor fur-trims, brushing, and grooming procedures all among the services that will be on offer.
Once prepped and ready, dogs will then be invited to take their place in the booth and pose for their headshot. The booth itself, boasts a range of handy canine-inspired features and gives owners the best possible chance of capturing a great snap of their pooch, including:
- A pet friendly basket adjustable seat catering for any size dog, to ensure dogs both big and small can be seen on the camera
- A built-in speaker which will play a variety of noises - such as dogs barking and whistles being blown to alert the dogs to the camera
- Peep holes next to the camera containing squeaky balls which owners can squeeze to get their dog’s attention and raw meat to heighten their senses
“Our Pet Paws-Port Photo Booth is designed to raise awareness that – just like us - a dog requires a passport before they can travel abroad. And what better way of doing this than giving owners the opportunity to capture the best possible picture of their canine for their travel documents this summer!”Chris Bainbridge Pet Product Manager at MORE TH>N
The booth features touch-screen capability so owners can post pictures to social media there and then. As with a normal passport photo booth, resulting photos will also be available in squares of four, for owners to take away and use in their pet’s passport.
The Pet Paws-Port Booth arrives in the wake of research among dog owners revealing the increasing tendency for people to take their four-legged friend on holiday with the rest of the family. 9% of those surveyed said that they have holidayed with a pet, while two-thirds (62%) admitted they would be more likely to go on holiday somewhere where they knew their dog would be welcome3.
No expense appears to be getting spared when it comes to prepping dogs for their trips away. 13% said they would consider buying their dog a new holiday wardrobe item to wear with them while they’re away (including a fancy collar or coat). 14% said they have purchased their dog travel sickness medication and 37% admitted they would look to give their dog a pre-holiday groom to ensure they look their best before going away. 18% even said they would be willing to incur extra costs upwards of £200 to take their dog away with them (including travel arrangements and insurance).
Cars proved to be the most popular mode of transport when it comes to taking dogs away – with 60% of those that have taken their dog on holiday opting for this mode of transport, followed by train (15%), ferry (13%) and airplane (5%). France meanwhile topped the list of dog-friendly holidays, accounting for 35% of pet-trips abroad of those surveyed. Spain was in second place with an 18% share, followed closely by Germany (14%) rounding off the top three.
Chris Bainbridge, Pet Product Manager at MORE TH>N, said:
“We are seeing an increase in the number of dog owners taking their pet on holiday, with weekend breaks and summer getaways no longer reserved solely for the enjoyment of two-legged family members. Accounting for this trend, our Pet Paws-Port Photo Booth is designed to raise awareness that – just like us - a dog requires a passport before they can travel abroad. And what better way of doing this than giving owners the opportunity to capture the best possible picture of their canine for their travel documents this summer!”
“Just as it is for the rest of your family, insurance cover for your pet is also absolutely essential while on holiday. While most good pet insurance products will include European cover for pets as a standard, you should always check you have this policy in place before you travel to ensure you’re covered if anything does happen when overseas. We would also recommend that owners check the location of the nearest vet to their holiday accommodation and have the telephone number stored in the phones before they travel - ready in case of any emergencies.”
The Pet Paws-Port Photo Booth opens up to the public in Victoria Park (located by The Hub Café) on Thursday 22nd June between 11am – 4pm. The service is completely free, with appointments available on a walk-in basis throughout the day.
The booth will also feature at DogFest on Saturday 24th and Sunday 25thJune in Knebworth, between 9:30am – 5:00pm.
- ENDS -
Notes to editors
1 – Source: https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad/pet-passport
2 - To get your pet a passport visit your local vets, or contact the Animal and Plant Heath Agency.
3 - Research conducted by OnePoll on behalf of MORE TH>N Pet Insurance. 2,000 dog owners were surveyed.
Locations and timings for the Pet Paws-Port Photo Booth
- Thursday 22nd June 2017 (11am – 4pm): The Hub Café, Victoria Park, Grove Road, E3 5TB
- Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th June 2017 (9.30am-5pm): Dog Fest, Knebworth House, Knebworth, Hertfordshire, SG3 6PY. Tickets for DogFest can be purchased here.
About MORE TH>N
MORE TH>N is the direct financial services arm of RSA. Established in 2001, the company offers car, home, pet, business and travel insurance.