This partnership, unique in the insurance industry, supports budding social entrepreneurs through an intensive nine month programme where they will develop and acquire the skills and knowledge needed to become successful leaders of their social enterprise.
Throughout the programme, the RSA mentor acts as a supportive sounding board, providing a different perspective and sharing business skills, experience and networks.
2015 - 2016 pairings
The RSA mentor and SSE mentee pairings for the 2015–16 programme are:
- Ian Devlin (SSE) and Suzy Tiffany, Head of UK Legacy, RSA;
- Roberta Francis (SSE) and Fiona Skene, Product Director, Pet, MORETH>N;
- Dennis Gyamfi (SSE) and Adam Hearn, Lead Underwriter, Engineering and Renewable Energy, RSA;
- Eurydice Caldwell (SSE) and Gary McEwan, Head of Field Operations, RSA;
- Nicky James (SSE) and Lee Mooney, Director, Regions, North, RSA;
- Julia Nicholas (SSE) and Ceri James, HR Business Partner, RSA; and
- Fabrice Rochange (SSE) and Steve Hedge, Delegated Business Director, Commercial, RSA.
About the partnership
RSA established a partnership with SSE in 2013.
The charity focuses on addressing inequalities and social exclusion by nurturing and empowering individuals seeking to engage in entrepreneurship for social or environmental benefit.
The company has a strong focus on corporate responsibility and is committed to supporting the development of enterprise and entrepreneurship. RSA provides SSE with an annual donation to support bursaries for their students.
Jon Hancock, Managing Director, UK Commercial, RSA said:
“We’re proud to match our third group of RSA mentors and SSE mentees. Social enterprises are on the rise in the UK, demonstrating how business can be done differently; creating economic growth and jobs while helping those people and communities most in need.
“Our partnership with the School for Social Entrepreneurs (SSE), a charity that supports individuals to set up businesses with a social purpose, reflects our heritage as a business founded to meet a social need, providing protection to people and businesses.”