RSA has introduced a new Global Risk Solutions (GRS) operating model aimed at delivering brokers and customers improved access to decision-makers and enabling GRS to operate with more focus in its chosen markets.
Effective immediately, GRS will consist of three units, with each head reporting to Hayley Robinson, GRS managing director.
The new structure is as follows:
Led by Richard Turner, this business will be responsible for Europe specialty lines, Europe & international marine, Dubai International Financial Centre and Scandinavia hull.
- Specialty & Wholesale
Led by Gareth Hilton, this business will cover marine, London Market construction and engineering, renewable energy and wholesale international property & casualty.
- UK & Multinational
This covers the existing UK and multinational risk managed business including real estate. Gary Long will lead this business.
All three directors previously held leadership positions within GRS and share almost 100 years of insurance industry experience.
This announcement follows the restructure in November 2016 of RSA’s commercial lines businesses within the UK & International region as GRS and Commercial Risk Solutions.
Hayley Robinson, GRS managing director, RSA, said: “The new structure for GRS allows us to serve our customers better and compete more effectively. By simplifying how we do business, we will be able to trade more collaboratively with brokers and with more focus across the markets in which we operate.
“I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate the new leadership team whose combined experience and knowledge will drive our success in our chosen markets.”
Steve Lewis, CEO, UK & International, RSA, added: “The creation of Global Risk Solutions in November 2016 was aimed at enabling this business under Hayley Robinson’s leadership to reflect more closely the needs, the size and complexity of customers’ risk. The launch of the new GRS model continues this direction of travel towards becoming the chosen partner of brokers and customers in our target markets by being accessible and easy to trade with, no matter how complex the risk.”
For more information visit: www.rsabroker.com.
- 2016–February 2017: Director, European & international specialty lines, GRS, RSA
- 2007–2016: Leadership roles across commercial sales and the regional mid-market business, including director, UK specialty lines, GRS, RSA
- 2003–2007: Affinity business lead, HBOS General Insurance
- 1997–2003: Underwriting, sales, distribution roles across personal & commercial lines, RSA
- 2012– February 2017: Director UK & wholesale, GRS, RSA
- 2008– 2011: Global trading director, RSA
- 2003–2008: UK property manager, RSA
- 1978–2003: Underwriting and leadership roles in property, RSA
- 2012–February 2017: Global marine director, RSA
- 2011–2016: Member of UK commercial executive team, RSA
- 2009–2012: Head of UK marine, RSA
- 1983–2009: Underwriting and leadership roles across marine, RSA
Media relations manager, commercial risk solutions and global risk solutions