Our share register is managed and administered by Equiniti. Contact Equiniti for help and information about your RSA shares
Shareview is a free and secure online service, provided by Equiniti, that enables shareholders to:
- access shareholding details including share balance and dividend information;
- check current share prices;
- change address and dividend mandate details online and download a wide range of forms;
- vote by proxy online in advance of a General Meeting (including the AGM) of the Company; and
- register to receive shareholder communications electronically.
Find out more about Shareview, including how to register (you will need an email address and our shareholder reference number), at www.shareview.co.uk.
Corporate Sponsored Nominee (CSN)
The CSN is an easy and convenient way for you to hold and manage your RSA shares electronically, so there is no need for a paper certificate. You are still the beneficial owner of the shares and you can instruct the nominee to buy, sell or transfer your holding on your behalf.
Shareholders participating in this service continue to receive dividend payments, annual reports and can attend and vote at RSA’s general meetings. The service is administered by Equiniti Financial Services Limited, part of the same group of Companies as our Registrar, Equiniti Limited.
If you would like to join, visit www.shareview.co.uk/info/csn for more information or complete the application form below. Alternatively, call Equiniti on 0371 384 2048. (Lines are open 8:30am to 5:30pm UK time Monday to Friday excluding public holidays in England and Wales.)
American Depositary Receipts
The Company operates a sponsored American Depositary Receipts (‘ADR’) programme which is managed by JPMorgan Chase NA. The programme allows shareholders to invest in the Company through US dollar denominated funds. One ADR represents one Ordinary Share of £1.00 each. Any enquiry relating to the sponsored ADR programme should be addressed to JPMorgan Chase & Co, PO Box 64504, St Paul, MN 55164-0504 USA or https://adr.shareowneronline.com/UserManagement/ContactUs.aspx.
Shareholders with a small number of shares, the value of which may make it uneconomic to sell them, might consider donating them to charity through ShareGift, a registered charity administered by The Orr Mackintosh Foundation (registered charity number 1052686).
Consolidation of holdings
If you have more than one account in your name on the shareholder register and wish to consolidate them, write to Equiniti, Aspect House, Spencer Road, Lancing, West Sussex BN99 6DA. Consolidating your accounts will ensure that you receive only one set of Company documents in future, which helps avoid unnecessary printing, something that is better for the environment.
Shareholders may purchase or sell their ordinary shares in RSA through a stockbroker, high-street bank, Equiniti or Stocktrade. For both, rates quoted are as at February 2017 and may be subject to change. You should check each provider's full terms and conditions before entering into any transaction.
Equiniti offers a telephone and internet dealing service. Commission is currently 1.5% on amounts up to £50,000 and 0.25% on the excess thereafter, with a minimum charge of £60 for telephone dealing and £45 for internet dealing.
For telephone sales, call +44 (0) 345 6037 037. Lines are open 8.30am to 5.30pm (UK time), Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays in England and Wales. For internet sales log on to www.shareview.co.uk/dealing. You will need to quote your shareholder reference number.
Stocktrade offers an online service. An account can be opened by visiting www.alliancetrustsavings.co.uk to enable sales.
Dealing service charges
- Buy or sell online (without any loyalty discount): £9.99 per transaction
- Buy or sell over the phone: £50 per transaction
- Buy or sell by post: £50 per transaction
- Regular dividend reinvestment: £5 per transaction
- Regular buy (direct debit) instructed by post: £5 per transaction
- Regular buy (direct debit) instructed by online monthly dealing service: £1.50 per transaction
For telephone sales, call +44 (0) 1382 573 737 between 8.00am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Lost or unclaimed shares
RSA works with ProSearch Asset Solutions Limited (ProSearch), a subsidiary company of Equiniti, to help trace shareholders who may have moved so that we can help them claim any outstanding funds and update their details on the share register.
If you've received a letter from ProSearch and have a question about your holding or entitlement, you can call their helpline on 0800 612 8671 (UK callers) or +44 1903 894 100 (non-UK callers). Lines are open from 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
General questions relating to your shareholding, should be directed to Equiniti.
RSA also participates in the Unclaimed Assets Register, a search facility for financial assets which may have been forgotten.
UK law requires that our shareholder register is available for public inspection. We are unable to control the use of information obtained by persons inspecting the register. Details of any share dealing facilities that RSA endorses will be included in our mailings or on our website.
Shareholders are advised to be wary of any unsolicited advice, offers to buy shares at a discount, or offers of free reports. If you receive any unsolicited advice, make sure you get the correct name of the person and organisation and check that they are appropriately authorized by the FCA by visiting the FCA's website.
If you think you may have received a fraudulent approach, advise the FCA by calling their consumer helpline on 0800 111 6768 or via their website.
Protecting Your Investment
- Keep any documentation that contains your shareholder reference number in a safe place and destroy any documentation which you no longer need by shredding it;
- Inform Equiniti promptly when you change your address. If you receive a letter from Equiniti regarding a change of address and you have not recently moved, please contact them immediately;
- Be aware of dividend payment dates and contact the registrars if you do not receive your dividend cheque or better still, make arrangements to have the dividend paid directly into your bank account;
- Consider holding your shares electronically in a nominee account (Corporate Sponsored Nominee) or CREST account.