RSA celebrates Broker Leader Programme class of 2018
RSA, one of the UK’s leading UK commercial insurers, is celebrating the success of a group of highly motivated up-and-coming insurance brokers who have graduated from the RSA Broker Leader Programme.
The leadership programme, which is now in its third year, has supported the brokers through face-to-face training covering business skills such as strategy setting, business planning, change management and communications. Each broker has been partnered with a different member of the RSA leadership team who has mentored them throughout the course.
To ensure the programme is relevant and practical, each candidate brings a live project from their brokerage to work on throughout the course, supported by their mentor. At the end of the programme the brokers present their plans to a panel consisting of RSA executives and a sponsor from their own broking firm.
This year, each module was extended to include additional hours of training, and brokers received specialist communications sessions covering pitching and report-writing techniques.
The intensive seven-month programme, which is CPD accredited by the Chartered Insurance Institute, enables future leaders from some of RSA’s key broking partners to take part in management and leadership training tailored specifically for the general insurance market.
Class of 2018
- Samuel Ashby — Towergate
- Sam Aslett — Aston Scott
- Nick Barr — GS Group
- Joe Bishop — Paymentshield
- Katie Brickell — Howden
- Peter Gee — Butterworth Spengler
- Steven Low — Clark Thomson
- Amy Manning — Touchstone
- Alex Royce — Accelerate Underwriting
- Mark Rubidge — AJ Gallagher
- Alistair Warden — Towergate
Celebrating the success of future broking leaders
“It’s thrilling to celebrate in the success of these driven and talented people and to have witnessed their passion to succeed throughout this often challenging programme. I hope they find that the RSA Broker Leader Programme has helped them to hone their skills and to have been personally rewarding, as well as bringing real benefit to their brokerages.
“Attracting diverse, talented people into insurance and being able to offer them ongoing professional development is vital for the future of our industry. We’re committed to supporting our partners and not least our people to develop the skills and expertise they need to succeed and drive our industry forward for the benefit of our customers.”
—Finlay Smith, chief underwriting officer, global risk solutions, RSA
RSA provides CII CPD-accredited technical Learning Labs and as well as the Broker Leader Programme and other courses to support our partners.
Media relations manager, commercial risk solutions and global risk solutions
- e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to editors
- The RSA Broker Leader Programme has been recognised by leading industry awards: British Insurance Awards Investing in the Profession finalist (2017) and shortlisted for the Insurance Times Excellence in Training (2016).
- RSA’s Learning Labs were launched in 2013 and achieved CII CPD accreditation in 2015. They cover 12 diverse, technical topics including liability risk control, cyber and property, delivered by subject matter experts.